Because of its maximum torque capacity than any other flexible coupling, these are used in varied applications such as conveyors, cement mills, EOT cranes, Elevator drives, ball and bowl mill drives, industrial fans, air compressors, mining machinery and others. The load application is properly selected, safety factors are added and then size and proper dimensional table can be selected.
A gear coupling is an essential piece of machine that helps to transfer torque between two shafts. A flexible joint is installed in the coupling that is fixed with each shaft. Other two joints are fixed with a third part called Pin.
These are widely used in many applications as mentioned before like EOT cranes, elevator drives, ball and bowl mill drives etc. because of following features:
- It has minimum level of backlash
- The compact assembly makes it a smooth transition
- It has large bore capacities
- High power to weight ratio
- It can be used higher than 120 degree centigrade if it is using with grease and oiling.